Saturday, July 7, 2012

New book, old pals.

Fun and frolics on Thursday night, launching Dandy Gilver and a Bothersome Number of Corpses at Waterstone's in Edinburgh. 

I had a new(ish) dress and enough Tesco's value (97p) giftbags to go round all the complimentary copies.


My mum had another chance to wonder "Where did we go right?":


Colin from Waterstone's did us proud:


Lovely Francine Toon gave me a very kind introduction (here she is describing what it's like editing my work!):


And nobody actually keeled over from boredom while I was talking.



There were old friends (Neil was at primary school with these two):


And new friends (Kat, from Sacramento - yes, really - a budding writer who asked me for one piece of advice.  I managed to stop after about five):


Note the pram.  It's not a McPherson book launch without at least one baby.

There were big friends:



And small friends (Sue is standing up in this one):



Stuart "Mr" Campbell, my English teacher was there.  Here he is talking about writing to my brother-in-law Brian (finish the story, Brian, or I'll steal it):


Afterwards, of course, there was a cake, sliced with the musical cake slice, that plays Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday, Here Come's The Bride and Have a Jolly Good Book Launch:



Great fun.  And it ended up like all good parties should:


A big thank you to everyone who came along and raised a glass to Dandy and me.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your book launch with us in pictures.

    ReplyDelete